Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Ahhhhhhh!

This is a peaceful Sunday. I have the mountains of laundry finished from yesterday. There is only a small kitchen mess to tidy from the UFC gathering last night. My report cards are finished. My lovely husband picked up a Timmy's coffee to start my morning. The only thing on my agenda is knitting and meditation.

What's not to like about a Sunday like that?

I like days like this because they allow me to do two things: look back and reflect on the week I just had and get settled and prepped for the week ahead. There is no rushing and feeling late. I can organize to my heart's content or just do something for myself to get centered.

So....what about my knitting? I am currently knitting the foot part of a sock. It is the first of the pair knit with Serendipity Zen Garden string. The colours are yellow, orange and black. Some of it looks bee-ish but they are certainly unique.

I ordered the yarn from woolgirl.com because I was impatiently waiting for their Sock Club to begin. I signed up in January but the initial kit doesn't arrive until April. Of course, since then I have acquired enough yarn to keep me busy until June. Tee hee.

As to my other more recent fixation with meditation, I have homework to do. The course I am taking is for beginners. I feel much like a beginner, surprise, surprise, but am comfortable with some of the exercises.

I am off to work on them now.

Cheers,
T